That’s a Wrap! Or Is It?

Panic portrait.

Panic portrait.

I am in the last semester of my undergraduate academic career. Where has the time gone!?! So there’s actually two ways of thinking of this final semester: as a time for celebration or as a time to give one final push.

This semester is going to be filled with working on my Senior Seminar Capstone, balancing seven courses, and trying to squeeze in visits to the city every so often. Our health administration Capstone Project requires us to create an emergency situation for a theoretical hospital and come up with a crisis management plan. This includes working out issues like patient safety, administration, containment, and all the logistics that go into organizing a hospital during a crisis. Near the end of the semester, we are required to present our plan to our peers and professors.

This Capstone Project is really exciting because I finally can apply all the knowledge I have learned in the past four years. In preparation for my senior thesis, I have been researching hospital crisis plans and looking to my supervisor from Abington Memorial Hospital. Over the summer, I worked an administrative internship at the department of the chief-of-staff, which dealt with all kinds of administrative communication and credentialing, among many other roles. Since my older sisters also work in the healthcare field, I plan on asking them more about what they would do in our crisis scenario as well.

Some of the books from the seven classes I’m taking this semester.

But the real challenge for me this semester is really being able to balance seven classes and the excitement of graduating. In addition to my Senior Capstone, I am taking Animal Behavior, Physics, Calculus, and a University Seminar called Altered States of Consciousness. So far, all my courses are rigorous but as long as I manage my time right, I think I will be okay. I also have already been accepted to physical therapy programs, so I will have to decide which school I want to go to soon. What I’ve learned from being at Arcadia is that time management and balance are very important in surviving full course loads.

Luckily, I can always find a balance by working on my photography, crafting with my friends, trying out new local restaurants, or just going shopping at the nearby malls! (I’m so glad Arcadia University is so close to malls, otherwise I would be completely deprived of my retail therapy.)

I added some nice touches to my stack of textbooks. Sometimes I like making jewelry during my spare time.

Honestly, it is a bit overwhelming to think that I will be graduating in a few months. I feel excited, scared, worried, and anxious, but I know it will all turn out alright and that soon all my hard work will pay off!