Top Chef winner Nicholas Elmi and me!

Foodie Adventures with PhillyCooks and Top Chef Winner Nicholas Elmi

When us young adults are not eating food, we are either craving it, thinking about it, or planning our next meal.

Recently, I had the coolest opportunity to attend Philadelphia Magazine’s PhillyCooks at the Marriott in Center City. PhillyCooks is a huge annual food event where many restaurants sample out their menus to eager, hungry people. Seeing that my sister is also a big fan of good eats, I invited her to meet me at the event.

I took the 5:15 train to Market East and walked to the location. Easy peasy!

Basically, what I did in the three hours I was there was look fancy, eat fancy food, drink fancy drinks, and pretend I am fancier than I actually am. I also was able to meet Top Chef winner Nicholas Elmi (yes, I did just say that in a nonchalant and casual tone). But seriously, I’m a huge fan of all and every cooking show on television, including Bravo’s Top Chef! I was rooting for Nicholas throughout the entire season and the cool part is that he is from Philadelphia. However, the best part of meeting him was that I made him pull out some peace sign poses with me for my photo-op.

All in all, it was a great night spent eating and discovering new and interesting restaurants in the area with my sister. Looking forward to trying those places soon!