Lemaitre
The band Lemaitre in action.

A Wednesday Night to Remember: Burgers and Music in NYC

Lemaitre

The band Lemaitre in action.

Recently, I went to see one of my favorite electronic bands, Lemaitre! I have been following these guys for over three years and always hoped they would leave Norway and visit America. My wishes recently came true when they announced they were playing their first U.S. tour and NYC was one of the stops. This was definitely a show I didn’t want to miss.

On a Wednesday night, right after my physics lab ended, my friend and I drove to New York. The drive was only about an hour and a half, which was not bad at all (this takes into account the awesome playlists I made for the car ride). We parked in Manhattan, which was right off the turnpike, and found an awesome spot to eat called Bareburger. At the time, our stomachs were craving something new, so my friend ordered an ostrich burger and I got a bison burger, which was delicious.

After dinner, we walked over to Highline Ballroom, which was a few blocks away and were among the first people in the line. Lemaitre played a great show, and we were able to meet them later. Afterwards we watched Rufus Du Sol play, finished the concert, and then drove back home to Glenside. Safe to say, it was a night well spent. I highly recommend Lemaitre and Rufus Du Sol, and if you’re not into electronica, New York City has something for everyone—food, theater, museums, film festivals—so make sure to take advantage of its proximity to Arcadia and get away to the Big Apple every once in a while!