CCP associate's degree diploma
My diploma from Community College of Philadelphia.

Why I Returned To Arcadia

Arcadia had always been my home away from home. It’s a place where I can take my friends, enjoy different activities, or sit alone at night by the water feature to clear my thoughts. AU never lets me down.

Request more info about applying to Arcadia.

During my last two semesters at CCP (Community College of Philadelphia), I started thinking about what was next. I was at my third school since starting college a few years before, and nowhere felt like a good fit for me—except Arcadia. I had always been happy on campus and I felt like the classes were challenging me to the utmost. I had already attended Arcadia for two years, so I knew that my chances of getting readmitted would be greater. I also held a high GPA while at the other schools I attended after leaving, which I hoped would also work in my favor when applying.

Student in black Arcadia hoodie

Me in my favorite AU hoodie.

But I also questioned whether I needed the bachelor’s degree. I was worried about debt and the time that would be required for class instead of work. And my biggest concern was whether the university experience had changed too much, that maybe I would no longer have the homey feeling I once had.

As I prepared for graduation from CCP, getting a cap and gown, invitation cards, and special regalia to wear for my honors, it made me think even more: This feeling would be really great if I was at Arcadia. I started to have a yearning for my bachelor’s degree. I found myself daydreaming about the moment when I would walk across the AU field at commencement and accept my degree.

Could I afford not to have a bachelor’s degree? Could I literally afford a bachelor’s degree? Paying for college is definitely a hardship, but I remembered that Arcadia had always offered me the best resources.

Even with all these thoughts of wanting additional higher education, I still had not convinced myself that reapplying to Arcadia was right for me: Could I afford not to have a bachelor’s degree? Could I literally afford a bachelor’s degree? Paying for college is definitely a hardship, but I remembered that Arcadia had always offered me the best resources. So I made the decision to return. If I wanted to have the successful career, I needed a bachelor’s degree. And to me, there was no price that I could put on that. I knew that I was a good investment. So, I invested.

Walking down the aisle to receive my associate’s degree has been my best experience in college so far. And now that I’m back, with my first semester coming to a close, the excitement is growing inside of me. It wasn’t an easy decision, but I definitely made the right one.

I’m home.